Various venues in public space, Venice
Duration of the presentation:
6 - 15 June 2007
* 1977 Vitoria, Spain. Lives in Miranda de Ebro, Spain.
* 1972 Rangpur, Bangladesh. Lives in USA since 1979.
* 1977 Renshou, Sichuan Province, China. Lives in Shanghai, China.
* 1966 Ingapu, Myanmar. Lives in London, UK.
* 1977 Jiangsu, China. Lives in Shanghai, China.
* 1976 Nanchong, Sichuan Province, China. Lives in Shanghai, China.
Artists' collective, founded 2005 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
* 1971 Göteborg, Sweden. Lives in USA and Europe.
* 1978 Singapore; lives there.
* Philippines. Lives in Los Angeles, USA.
Creative team founded in Turin, Italy in 2005.
Yap Sau Bin
* 1974 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; lives there.
Curators: Biljana Ciric & Karin Gavassa
Migration Addicts has been selected from hundreds of submissions from around the world for the Collateral Events of the Venice Biennial
Migration Addicts began as an ongoing project two years ago in Shanghai, investigating how migration re-determines issues related to human identity, gender and spiritual needs. (...)
The structure of the exhibition is based on a series of interventions that will take place throughout the public space in Venice.
(from the press release)
>> Press release
Concept, contact, etc.
ddm warehouse, Shanghai, China
See also in Universes in Universe:
Yap Sau Bin
The visual arts of Asia in Universes in Universe.
Asia: Artist's index
The artists from Asia in Universes in Universe.